General Community > WebsiteBaker Website Showcase

Book publisher's website

<< < (4/5) > >>

Gast:
testet on all the smartphone's and tablets from the kiddies in the house (and i have a lot of them  :oops: :-D ) and everything works, but it doesnt work, if i use different browser addons for my desktop, doesnt matter, if firefox or chrome. this tell's me: a browser-addon is not be the same like a real smartphone or tablet   :wink:

sky writer:
You might regret asking me for a critique  >:D ;D

The site now loads properly at minimized desktop and on my tablet in portrait view.  But there are still some issues you might want to fix.

On my tablet in portrait orientation the mobile header loads AFTER the page loads.  This causes a jump down of all loaded content when the header takes it's place.  This could be fixed rather easily by increasing the min-height of your header element from 10px to 93px (I think this was the result of my testing, I can't remember the exact number).

But a bigger issue is the fact that the mobile header stays in place, underneath the desktop header, when I resize my browser window above the 768 break point.  I know this is not something everyone will do, so I wasn't going to bring it up... but then I checked on my tablet, and the same thing happens if I load the page in portrait orientation and then rotate my tablet to landscape orientation.  Now, this IS something a lot of people will do on their mobile device, so it's definitely worth some attention.  A refresh or changing page fixes the issue, but it's still worth addressing.

Perhaps a simple display: none for the mobile header above a certain break point will suffice.

Here is what happens when I resize above 768 break point on desktop (the end result is the same on tablet):

Hope this helps.

CodeALot:

--- Quote from: sky writer on March 04, 2017, 03:35:42 PM ---You might regret asking me for a critique  >:D ;D

--- End quote ---
Not at all! Much appreciated!

The 'double header'-issue should be fixed now (breakpoint again 768px)

peppos:
 :-P Happy to have sparked the whole discussion, now I see all right.
I found this flaw also on other templates, especially when a vertical menu is used instead of a horizontal menu (for example on some responsive free template of wbce.at). I believe that the responsive vertical menu for WebsiteBaker is not widespread, it is preferred almost always horizontal.

CodeALot:
This template was made from scratch by me, the vertical menu was a specific wish of the client.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version