I've been using Website baker for a number of websites taking modules here and there so I thought I'd share one I've made/modified. What it does
Multi Page Settings is exactly like the single page settings, you can change parent, visibility, keywords, language template, menu etc. but applies them to one or more pages you select from a multi select box.What it's meant for
Website baker isn't a CMS for very large sites, it misses a number of productivity features that could allow you to change multiple pages with the same settings like making 10 pages hidden in just a few clicks. If you've trawled through 50 pages changing the visibility, menu, template etc. you know what I mean. There must be a better way! Indeed there is now
So this is not for sites containing just a handful of pages, but will be very handy with sites containing 50+ pages. Especially if you've converted the site from html using ImportHTML module or similar (also created by me, let me know if you're interested, it's rather basic though so don't keep your hopes up) or Multi page create. You can easily build up a structure of pages now. Caution
Because it's such a powerful tool you need to take precautions in the case something goes wrong. It's still in alpha so don't trust it on live websites. Make a backup of the database first. This tool can seriously mess up your carefully crafted menu structure should something unforeseen happen. So far it has worked for me and I use it on a work in progress website (still not live to date of posting). Limitations
- It will not apply security/permissions (yet). Because this takes a little more thought I decided not to implement this feature yet. You're welcome to add it of course
- It will not do sections
- It can't delete the pages. You can get around this by adding a dummy page, move all the pages you wish to delete and delete the dummy page, all subpages get deleted as well.
- I've set compatibility with WB 2.8, it might work with older versions but haven't tested it. You'll need to change info.php if you wish to try, at your own risk of course.
- I've got some hard coded text in there so it's not fully language aware
- It's a hack so I probably ignored quite a few framework rules. It's supplied as is, though suggestions are welcome. I can't promise anything but I'll see what I can do.Where to find it
The module will show up in the Admin-Tools section.
Hope you enjoy this module, please let me know what you think!Downloadhttp://www.inblik.nl/MultiPageSettings.zip