Author Topic: Foldergallery: Support & News  (Read 64416 times)

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
Re: Foldergallery: Support & News
« Reply #275 on: June 23, 2017, 08:03:45 AM »
i'll try it again...
older fg-version has the path to the folder "media" in the front of every category and a complete different table-structure in the settings table. in the table structure of the fg-version 2.1.0 we change this structure for a better handling and we change the path to the possible root directory as start directory in fg. root directory is (if you change no other folder in the fg-settings) media-directory.
every fg-section has a defined path to the start folder, in older fg-versions for example defined as /media/my_folder. this path has to be changed in the module upgrade to /my_folder (without /media in the front). myself and other users reports here a problem, if we use PHP 7.x and upgrade a older version of FG, the old path stay in the database and the FG search now for a path /media/media/my_folder and this path doesnt exist. the first /media comes from the FG-Script automatically, the second /media is part of the defined path from the category settings

but: this problem comes only, if you upgrade a older version and we think, it was solved in the actual version from download area

thats way i ask, are you sure, that the uninstall from the FG, deleted also the tables in your database. if not, its possible, that the FG-Script use the old settings with the wrong path.
(i know, that a lot of people delete the files and subfolder inside of the folder modules/foldergallery and upload then the new files from the actual version 2.1.0., because, the ZIP-File has more then 2Mb and its not possible to install the module via WB-install-routine. but this job via FTP doesnt delete or doesnt upgrade the database tables)

a complete different problem is, when you install the FG the first time and you know, you have no tables in your database (or empty tables without a category_path). if you have there a empty select box for the start folder in FG settings, its a PHP-Problem, maybe the same problem, that we solved in the latest version. i work locale and also online with the highest possible php-version, means : PHP > 7.0
so maybe the problem with the empty folder is only in PHP 5.6.
i remember, that the first version of FG 2.x works for me and the other testers under PHP 5.5.x and 5.6.x, but not under PHP 7.x, maybe the same problem in the other direction now  :|

normalize, Luisehahne is the developer of the FG, but it looks for me, that i'm realy alone here in this weeks, dont know, whats happend. but i'll try, to rebuild your configuration and test with php 5.6 in the afternoon, if i'm coming back from the doc.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:09:00 AM by jacobi22 »
Es bist immer nur Du, auch wenn du mich vergisst, es gibt niemanden, der mir näher ist
Immer nur du, die mich wach hält
(*miss you*)

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #276 on: June 23, 2017, 08:32:09 AM »
Yes, but what if you want to manually delete 50 select images from a folder with over 100 images... you have to do them one at a time in the Media administration.  This is a tedious process.

i understand
not possible for me to change the core files in media administration, i can only add a solution inside of the module

best solution (in my eye's - select all / select this - box in the gallery setting (the place, where you add picture description & title)
what do you think about this
its simple to add, the save-process works with a while-loop, no problem to add the a information more
Es bist immer nur Du, auch wenn du mich vergisst, es gibt niemanden, der mir näher ist
(*miss you*)

Offline fab2000

« Reply #277 on: June 23, 2017, 12:13:16 PM »
Good morning to all
after update to wb 2.10.0 all my folder gallery disappear in frontend.
I read this topic but I didn't solve my problem.

TIA
Best regards

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #278 on: June 23, 2017, 12:31:19 PM »
standard - answer
do you use browser-own developer tools (F12) for more informations? (console log)
do you see any part of the source from the used foldergallery-template in the frontend-output-source? Code like this
Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.everything in the backend / foldergallery / category-details works? Do you see the thumbs there??
do you try the DEFAULT-TEMPLATE?  - not my design-favorite, but works in nearly every case

possible problems....
- no thumbs avaiable - the thumbs are generated at the first visit in this frontend page. if you have (for example) 1000 pictures in this folder and no thumbs, it needs maybe 5 min, to build and save and display all thumbs
- old foldergallery templates - some of the old templates for the FG use <link> to call css-files, thats not alloweed / not possible, if you use the output-filters in the same time, but if you have a conflict there, you get a complete white screen, no output. do you have it?
 - php-error - if there is a php-error, the output show's part of the frontend and breaks, if the error comes. for example: if the errors is inside of one module, the output generate the page construct, the header, the menu etc, but stop's, if the module comes and will not show the footer etc. you see details in the frontend-source-code, the part between <head> and </head> or more
(*miss you*)

Offline sky writer

« Reply #279 on: June 23, 2017, 12:34:14 PM »
Yes, but what if you want to manually delete 50 select images from a folder with over 100 images... you have to do them one at a time in the Media administration.  This is a tedious process.
best solution (in my eye's - select all / select this - box in the gallery setting (the place, where you add picture description & title)
what do you think about this
its simple to add, the save-process works with a while-loop, no problem to add the a information more

This would be perfect.

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #280 on: June 23, 2017, 01:06:51 PM »
This would be perfect.

(Y)

I just tried changing the root_dir from d41d8cd98f00b204e98 00998ecf8427e to "/" (forward slash) but still there is not folder tree in the dropdown.
I also tried changing the root_dir from d41d8cd98f00b204e98 00998ecf8427e to "" (empty) but still there is not folder tree in the dropdown.

only to explain it

d41d8cd98f00b204e98 00998ecf8427e is the md5-hash from a empty string. its not possible in a working foldergallery, to save a empty string there - so the script can be sure, if its found the md5-hash there, there are no settings for this section avaiable and it starts with the settings page

now step by step
- the module instaaler copy the file into modules/foldergallery and add 3 new tables in the database, only the structure, no inserts
- if you add a new section with type = foldergallery, the add.php add's this  base-setting for this section into the table mod_foldergallery_s ettings - see picture here and the array $cfg in add.php - root_dir is default : d41d8cd98f00b204e98 00998ecf8427e
- the modify.php reads this root_dir, see, there is no setting and makes a redirect to the settings page. on this page you get the problem with the empty selectbox
- if the selectbox work, the script save this settings and add's also a category in the table mod_foldergallery_c ategorys and starts also the synchronisation. this synchronisation reads all pictures from the selected path and add the pictures to the database table mod_foldergallery_f iles

its possible to add a category and all the needed entry into the database, but you must be an expert - but its without sense, if you come back the next time to the settings page and the selectbox doesnt work. in worst case, you delete all items in mod_foldergallery_f iles, because, the sync get a empty picture array back. i've this worst case 11 times on my own homepage with the same problem (empty selectbox), before we change the code for PHP7 there
(*miss you*)

Offline sky writer

« Reply #281 on: June 23, 2017, 11:18:06 PM »
Thanks!  I am clear on all that.

I just installed FG 2.1.0 on another clean WB 2.10.0 local (WBPortable, same PHP version as problem site) test site and FG works as expected.  So, this issue seems to be specific to this website.  This site was originally on 2.8.1, and went through all necessary upgrades (2.8.3, 2.10.0) successfully.

Not sure where to look for the cause of the missing root directory dropdown tree issue.

Offline sky writer

« Reply #282 on: June 23, 2017, 11:54:12 PM »
For the "no folder tree in the dropdown for Root directory" issue.  Could this in any way be caused by the fact that this site does not use the "pages" folder for the Pages directory?  The pages directory is set to the root folder.

I tested my theory by changing the database "Settings" - "pages_directory" from empty to "/pages" and the FG root directory dropdown tree displays all Media folders.  I FOUND IT!  But of course I can't make this change, so I now need a way to make the new FG 2.1.0 work with websites which page the pages directory set to empty (root).

Offline sky writer

« Reply #283 on: June 24, 2017, 01:22:29 AM »
I just installed FG 2.1.0 on another clean WB 2.10.0 local (WBPortable, same PHP version as problem site) test site and FG works as expected.  So, this issue seems to be specific to this website.  This site was originally on 2.8.1, and went through all necessary upgrades (2.8.3, 2.10.0) successfully.

I tested further, and the FG 2.1.0 root directory dropdown tree is empty on all the test sites I have which have the pages directory set to blank (root).  These sites were built a long time ago.  Since then I evolved to using short_url.  But I do have a large number of older sites which have their pages directory set to empty.

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #284 on: June 24, 2017, 11:26:47 AM »
Quote from: jacobi22

my doc say's: sleep, when ever you can - i follow this instruction in the last two days  :-o

in the attachement a solution to delete all or only selected pics in the category-administration
a checkbox to select all pictures in the table header and a single selectbox in every row - be carefull with this function, there is no warning, it delete the selected picture(s) immediately from the server and the database-table - so no chance to bring it back with a synchronistation like the older FG-Version (deleted pics only from the database)

unpack the zip directly to the folder /modules/foldergallery
content of the zip:
 - backend_body.js - with some functions for the select-all-function
 - /admin/save_files.php - delete the selected pictures from server && database
 - /themes/default/modify_cat.htt - backend-template with the new select-boxes

the zip has the correct structure, unpack && try

i'll not publish a new module version at this moment without a talk with dietmar (Luisehahne)
(*miss you*)

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
    • WebsiteBaker - jQuery-Plugins - Module - Droplets - Tests
« Reply #285 on: June 24, 2017, 11:56:29 AM »
Works. Not so nice like the right side with popup, but works.  (Y)

After reupload the deleted images: i ask myself why after upload the sync not start automatically.
Instead the popup still stand there and only one button is to see: cancel
Maybe here is a userfriendly solution needed. I do not know after upload that i have to click the text link "Sync filesystem".

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #286 on: June 24, 2017, 12:10:27 PM »
Not so nice like the right sihttps://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/Smileys/default/embarrassed.gif :oops:de with popup

i'm sure, that's not the finale version, but it works and its maybe a help
i post a lot of errors for the FG in our developer group, but no answer, no reaction, dont know, whats happend
(*miss you*)

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #287 on: June 24, 2017, 12:43:49 PM »
For the "no folder tree in the dropdown for Root directory" issue.  Could this in any way be caused by the fact that this site does not use the "pages" folder for the Pages directory?  The pages directory is set to the root folder.

I tested my theory by changing the database "Settings" - "pages_directory" from empty to "/pages" and the FG root directory dropdown tree displays all Media folders.  I FOUND IT!  But of course I can't make this change, so I now need a way to make the new FG 2.1.0 work with websites which page the pages directory set to empty (root).

confirmed - great && thanks  (Y) (Y) (Y)
(*miss you*)

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #288 on: June 24, 2017, 02:05:16 PM »
i know, whats happend, but no solution at the moment

we have a list with NotAllowedFolders to read the folder structure. for example: the FG reads all folders (and subfolders inside of media)
/media is here the start folder. the folders in the root of /media (the WB-ROOT) are in the group of the NotAllowedFolders, like admin, framework, search etc
if you work with a pages-directory, dont matter, what a foldername you use, it's a folder in the root of WB, but if you works with no pages-directory, also the root-folder of WB comes to the array with the NotAllowedFolders with the result, its not allowed, to read the structure from all the subfolders inside of the WB-Root, so also not in /media

its not possible for me, to change the code for this. i found the same code also in other modules, so maybe, we need a globale function/solution for that. maybe, we must look around three corners, for example, its also possible, to work without a media-directory and then you have the same problem again
(*miss you*)

Offline sky writer

« Reply #289 on: June 24, 2017, 07:58:29 PM »
its not possible for me, to change the code for this. i found the same code also in other modules

I truly appreciate all your time and effort working on this issue with me.

Could you share the other modules?  I have never experienced this issue with any modules I have used in any of my client sites... and I have a few dozen built with no pages directory.  I want to check my sites to ensure, if they are using these modules, that they are functioning properly.

When I built all these sites on 2.8.1, to my knowledge there was nothing "built-in" to WB to warn about leaving the pages directory blank.  I did not want to have a long url like http://www.mysite.com/pages/contact.php , so I made the choice to leave the pages directory blank so I would have cleaner links.

It was only when I started reading in the forums about the "new" shorturl work-around that I started questioning the need for such a work-around when you could leave the pages directory blank.  Only then did I start to hear warnings about how having a blank pages directory might cause issues if you named pages with the same name as a WB folder.  But I pointed out that there was a check for that, and WB would not allow it.  Also, this was not an issue which shorturl fixed, as you still could not name a page the same as a WB folder.  I had many people warn about this possible issue, but many also said either way was find.  Never in my recollection did anyone say working without a pages directory could cause issues with individual module functionality.  Now, I guess we are at a point where this has happened.  I accept that.  I will deal with my sites.  I just wanted to make the issue known, and am glad that I was able to point out the issue.

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #290 on: June 25, 2017, 12:51:30 PM »
Could you share the other modules?

at the moment only new, recoded versions of old modules, all of them in this weeks in private test's, not published yet. modules like Anynews, MultiSectionpicker, DownloadGallery and some of my own modules like a calendar, actress-portfolio, extented news module etc. all this modules use the same (or nearly the same) code, to read the folder structure and add there the access-files. if you think, you have a good solution, you use this code everywhere, but now, we need a new solution
the most of this modules was nearly ready to publish or ready for a public test - no matter.... better, to find the problem now before its going public

Only then did I start to hear warnings about how having a blank pages directory might cause issues if you named pages with the same name as a WB folder.  But I pointed out that there was a check for that, and WB would not allow it.

Yes, there is a check for that. not possible, to add a page or a directory with the same name like the folders and files in the wb-root, for example, you cannot add a page with the name "account" or "framework". and if you dont have it in the page-tree, its also not possible to delete it via delete-buttons
the risk is the work via ftp-client, its crazy, if you have there maybe 100 or more access-files and new folders for parent pages or media, other possible problems are the functions like rebuild-accessfiles, i'm sure, we've not enough results for tests without a page directory. dont forget, you're the first reporter of this FG-problem

Never in my recollection did anyone say working without a pages directory could cause issues with individual module functionality.

the issue in the FG has nothing to do with the possibility, to work without a page-directory. i'm sure, that nobody of the testers has try it without a page directory, include myself  :oops: - Recommendation to work with a page directory or not - its Status Quo, that we have this possibility - its simple forgotten, to look also to this case  :|  :|  :|
it make's me tired, that i cannot help here and that i have to wait for a solution, maybe its very simple, if you know, whats happend. i'll wait a couple of days. a answer like "your own fail, use a page-directory and you dont have this problem" cannot be the answer for the users
(*miss you*)

Offline sky writer

« Reply #291 on: June 25, 2017, 04:48:40 PM »
I truly appreciate your understanding of the state of the matter.

It's not like I hacked the WB source code or something.  If I had hacked the source code, then I would fully accept responsibility to deal with any future associated issues.  I simply made a choice, openly offered to me while installing WB - "choose your pages directory".

The first time I tested WB (2.8.1), I left the default pages directory as "/pages", but I did not like having "/pages/" in my site links.  So, I reinstalled and chose the root directory based on wanting cleaner links.  At the time there was no other publicly available option to have clean links, that I was aware of as a new WB user.  I asked specific questions about this choice in many threads in the forum, and although there were warnings about people's personal dislike for this choice as they felt it made the folder structure messy, the final comments were always - whatever you choose (a dedicated pages directory, or no pages directory) is fine.  So, for six years I carried on with these sites without a single issue.  Actually, whenever I was confronted with any issue while developing a site, I got into the habit of mentioning that the site in questions has it's pages directory set to the root, in case that might have contributed to the problem.  I have ALWAYS been told that would have nothing to do with the issue, or the mention was simply ignored.

The very fact that this choice was offered, with NO WARNING during the WB install stage, AND there was no check to MAKE SURE that a future "safe" folder was input for the pages directory (or the media folder, for that matter), in my opinion, puts the onus on future developers to consider and accommodate this fact.

But, if accommodating a root pages directory into EVERY future module development is not the best or safest route moving forward, I would suggest the WB devs offer some support for those in my position.  For instance, develop a documented upgrade workflow to migrate from a root pages directory site to a future proof "/pages" pages directory site.  Maybe this is the best solution moving forward.

Offline Roych

• Betatester
« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2017, 06:21:43 PM »
Hello,

The new foldergallery has issues when synching it looses all titles and changes them back to foldernames is there any fix for this, maybe? It is really anoying ;)

Thank you
R

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2017, 06:27:53 PM »
The new foldergallery has issues when synching it looses all titles and changes them back to foldernames

confirmed for every sub-category   :oops:
(*miss you*)

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #294 on: November 14, 2017, 07:29:10 PM »
in the attachement a fixed file. pls unpack this to your locale work station and upload it via FTP or AddonFileEditor to

modules / foldergallery / admin / scripts
(*miss you*)

Offline Roych

• Betatester
« Reply #295 on: November 14, 2017, 08:00:55 PM »
Works!  (Y)

thank you, saved me 2 days work. ;)

R

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #296 on: November 15, 2017, 12:05:25 AM »
we've a new version of the foldergallery in Addons -> https://addon.WebsiteBaker.org/pages/en/browse-add-ons.php?id=067A205

trestet with several PHP-Version's between PHP 5.6.x and PHP 7.1.11 and also with several older FG-Versions

Important hint: if somebody has own or not original output templates, make a backup first before you upgrade the foldergallery.
in the next post a howto to work with private templates in FG 2.x
(*miss you*)

Offline sky writer

« Reply #297 on: November 15, 2017, 12:29:46 AM »
Does this update address the "no pages directory" issue?

https://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,21070.msg211716.html#msg211716

If not, I understand.  I'm just asking.

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
HowTo for own Templates and CSS in foldergallery 2.x
« Reply #298 on: November 15, 2017, 12:36:49 AM »
the foldergallery module since Vers 2.x has a new module-structure, to recognize on the folder "cmd". With this structure, its possible, to use your own templates, css-style's, javascripts, images or languages and there is no risk to overwrite this in the next upgrade

important are two folders (and her sub-folders

folder "templates" - everything for the frontend output
folder "themes" - everything for the backend output

in templates and also in themes you've a sub-folder called "default"  - here is everything for the standard output - this folder "default" and the subfolders in it will be updated from the next upgrade.

if you like to work with own templates, styles etc, build in the folder templates a new folder and call it like the used frontend-template, then copy all the file from the default folder and add it to the new folder with the template-name. Difficult to explain it for me, here a example

the yellow part is the original package, the green part a copy of the original
now i can add my own, private code changes and i dont lost it in the next upgrade.

the script looks into my page settings and search there for the used frontend template and use the name of this template to load the favorite theme

important: you have to change the import-link in frontend.css or backend.css to the new folder
in my case from
@import url('templates/default/css/default.css');
to
@import url('templates/jacobi22de/css/default.css');
(*miss you*)

Offline jacobi22

• Global Moderator
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #299 on: November 15, 2017, 12:43:09 AM »
Does this update address the "no pages directory" issue?

https://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,21070.msg211716.html#msg211716

not sure, i'll test it with a new installation and coming back with a answer for you
(*miss you*)