Thanks for the input
1. Resubmitting is doable of course, after creating it.
2. Change frequency is updated based on the last modification time of the page. That is
- if a page is last modified today, then change frequency is daily
- if a page is modified a couple of days ago, till 7 days ago, change freq is weekly
... and so on, till yearly.
2.1 Priority... Frankly, I wrote this module first for SMF - and there I used the visitor counts (for >1000 per thread, I declared it as priority 1.0 and for ~500 visitors as priority 0.5). I 've been thinking on how to compute the priority on the fly for a wb page, but I found nothing I can use.
Do you guys think of a new column/page in the database, where the admin can put a priority value ?
3. I already have the code for .gz
just haven't added it so the .xml can be read in a browser.
4. For the escaping, you have a point. I use the page name as found in the WB database, and somehow I assumend that to be already escaped. I will add escaping too, to be certain
There's something in Google that I have not yet implemented, but its only used when huge number of pages have to be put into the sitemap.xml (you need to create multiple sitemaps, if there are more than 10Mb in the sitemap.xml or more than 50.000 links).
But that's too time consuming for me to do, given the fact that only very few people will really need it.