I made a small curl module for WebsiteBaker. It is an initial release and some more options will be added. What is Curl:
This Curl module almost works like a wrapper page. Instead of loading a full external page you can only show a selection with Curl. For example if you want to copy (with permission) the event agenda of your sports club which is on the homepage you can show the agenda and not all the text around it. Just specify the page where you want your get your information from. Look in the html file where the part starts that you need. Fill this in for the start and end. Voila (Frech for wow that is easy), the snippit will appear on your WebsiteBaker page. How to use:
- Install module
- Make a Curl page
Need to know:
- Add the desired website. eg.
- Add tag where you want to start. eg.
- Add tag where you want to end. eg.
- Test to see if the page works
At the moment it is not possible to parse relative links. This can be a problem with the css style and images. I am working on it Warning:
Stealing is NEVER a good idea. Make sure you are allowed to use a snippit of a page. Sometimes there is copyright on the material. Languages supported:
- German (by Matthias)
Making it possible to parse $_POST Source field Multi language support
- Cleaning up code and
better design modify page
- Rewrite relative links from source link
- Access to remote site with username/password
(Thank you Matthias)
- Replaced all variables $module_directory with hardcoded curl to prevent install errors
- Made install script mysql5 strict mode compatible
- Layout changes in the modify window
- If curl is not loaded only a warning is displayed in modify window
- Changed language file inclusion
- Added german language file
- Made the link of the wrapped page in view.php clickable
- Code sorting and a few minor fixes in all files
- Replaced all copyright notices
April 23 2006: Version .03 released.
April 23 2006: Version .04 released.
April 24 2006: Version .05 released.
April 25 2006: Version .06 released.
April 25 2006: Version .07 released. Thank you Pcwacht!
October 22 2006: Version .08 released. Thank you Matthias!
If you have any suggestions please let me know. If you translated the text file in /languages/ please send it to me so I can include it.
Marco de Moulin
[gelöscht durch Administrator]