Author Topic: SimpleViewer Flash Image Gallery  (Read 37623 times)

Offline fsuk

SimpleViewer Flash Image Gallery
« on: October 16, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »
NEW VERSION 2.02!
WARNING! NO UPGRADE SCRIPT FROM PREVIOUS 0.9x VERSIONS

SimpleViewer has been created by Airtight Intercative. I have created a module to integrate it into websitebaker.

Airtight Interactive: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/
SimpleViewer: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer

SimpleViewer Demo: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/examples/modern/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Here: http://www.websitebakers.com/pages/modules/image-galleries/simpleviewer.php

See also: Tiltviewer http://www.websitebaker2.org/forum/index.php/topic,11410.0.html

Note: Certain changes to options may not become apparent until you clear your browsers cache.

Latest Version: 2.01
Features:
3 Different Styles
Fullscreen Mode
Integration with Flickr Gallery
NEW: non-flash and mobile browser support

Languages:
Backend: EN, DE, (AU incomplete).
Frontend:
AUTO - Language detected automatically from user's system (Recommended). DA - Danish, DE - German, EN - English, ES - Spanish, FI - Finnish, FR - French, IT - Italian, JA - Japanese, NL - Dutch, NO - Norwegian, PL - Polish, PT - Portuguese,* RU - Russian, SV - Swedish,TR - Turkish, VI - Vietnamese, ZH - Chinese

Changes from 2.01 - Upgrade to SimpleViewer 2.1.2

Changes from 2.00 - Completed German (DE) language file and updated readme added thanks to Joseph Kellerer

Changes from 0.95 - Upgradeed to SimpleViewer V2, support for Flickr frontend languages, 3 styles availiable, fullscreen mode.

Changes from 0.94 - Added galleryWidth

Changes from 0.92 - Introduced improved backend created by vyni for TiltViewer

Know bugs:
Script freezes when creating thumbs for galleries with over about 70 images. This is due to the server. A workaround for this is to go back and untick overwrite thumbs and click Save again.
Full screen on mobile browser mode does not work. This is an issue with the SimpleViewer core.
Gallery styles may not work.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:47:13 PM by fsuk »
You say deviant like its a bad thing...

Offline mercator

Re: SimpleViewer Flash Image Gallery
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 03:54:43 PM »
Hello

I have a directory with 442 images and I wanted to use SimpleViewer - but I only get a blank page.

Are there restrictions wrt number of pcitures?

Thanks
Mercator

Offline fsuk

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 04:14:48 PM »
Simpleviewer itself has no limit, but it is possible the build script may struggle with that many photos.
Can you tell if when you click save you are returned to the modify page after the "Creating XML and thumbnails for SimpleViewer" page. And does the gallery work on you site with a directory of a smaller number of jpgs.

If it is a problem with creating that many thumbs you could try tiltviewer (see link on first post)

Offline mercator

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 04:20:33 PM »
Thanks... By the way, I have installed "native SimpleViewer" from airtight in a separate directory, copied all photo and run buildgallery.php and it works...

Offline fsuk

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 04:23:38 PM »
Ok. I will look into why the WB version is not working. Could you tell me if when you run the module save it returns you to the modify page, or freezes on the saveing page?

Offline mercator

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 04:39:12 PM »
Hello again... Both, the "creating" page as well as the displaying one return. It seems the .xml is not created.

Hope this helps and again - thanks!
Mercator

Offline mercator

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 11:50:09 AM »
any news on this one?

Offline fsuk

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 01:14:29 PM »
Sorry i've been very busy recently, i should have some time at the weekend to make some fixes/updates to both galleries.

Offline fsuk

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 10:55:59 PM »
Ok, i've been going over the SimpleViewer module trying to figure out why the script crashes with a large amount of thumbs (about 70+), unfortunatly I have yet to find the problem :(

BUT!

I have a work arround solution.

I have found that the script freezez halfway through creating the thumbs, so to fix this ensure that 'Overwrite Thumbs' is UNticked then run the script. When the script freezes simply press F5 to reload (in FF also click Resend Data) the script will then skip over images where thumbs already exist and finish creating the rest of the thumbs.

Im just guessing here but i would think that you would need to run the script 1x for 0-70~, 2x for 70-140~ 3x for 140-210, etc.

Im still looking to fix this problem completely but in the mean time this will do.

Offline vyni

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 05:07:46 AM »
Hi,

I think this is a question of server-memory.
We had some troubles with Imageflow too, when the size of the pictures are too big and the thumbs should be created with a reflection plus a quite good resolution/size.
In that case the creating fails because of the server-memory.
Also there is a problem with smooth-gallery - more than 45 pics in a directory will cause flickering. And so on....

I just made a test in my local XAMPP - there the script ran up to 220 thumbs than got stuck. After a few seconds it finished with 460 thumbs anyway. (I opened the taskmanager and recognized a cpu-usage of 100% and memory used 1.3 GB - so not the script is the problem - it is the server itself.

Do´s it really make sense to have that much fotos in one directory without any group or selection or whatever? And must it be directly in WB?
For sure not - but this is my personal point of view.

You could get a programm - JAlbum - that´s free. With this programm You can create an album local.  Resizing the original camera-fotos to 640x480 or 800x600 or what You prefer. Also using simpleviewer - You manage all belongs to the pictures well sortet, make some small corrections, create all necassary files, folders, pages, menu for multiple folders, css-feed.txt, exif informations and whatever - with ftp-connector to get it to the server by only 1 klick - than You get a standalone gallery instant. Now wrap the index.html  or just the slide.html (no menu, just the viewer) with WB - ready.

And for the smaller collections use the module directly.

regards from Himberg
PS: Falls jemand eine Idee hat was zu tun ist und mir das erklären könnt - geh bitte davon aus dass ich ahnungslos bin, was php und so betrifft. Ich kann grad was lesen, kopieren und einfügen,  ungefähr verfolgen und glauben.

Offline fsuk

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 01:59:23 PM »
Perhaps we could work out a way to have the script automaticly stop after say 60 thumbs (just to be on the safe side) and then reload itself?

Offline mercator

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 08:06:20 AM »
Hi

If it were the srever memory, then there are ways around: There is a .php script on the airtight site that creates index information in a directory with 400 images and displays it well afterwards...

cu
Mercator

Offline fsuk

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 11:42:21 AM »
This save script in this module includes a modified version of that script (modified to allow variables to be taken and used from the UI)

Offline erpe

• Playground
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 08:07:08 PM »
Hi

added a German language file and renamed the existing DE-file to AT.
Please add it to the zip package.

rgds

erpe

[gelöscht durch Administrator]

Offline lavric

• blond...
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 10:01:59 PM »
The SimpleViewer is great! But it won't work if I add more than 1 section at the page.
By the way it choses (I don't know how) one of the sections and displays it...
Have no idea how to fix it...
I thought it wasn't too much trouble, but it was too much to ask...

Offline Boudi

• Forum Administrator
  • Forum Team
  • //o_-\\
    • Yze Webdesign
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 10:41:20 AM »
Hi,

Great new addon! Thnq.

1 major issue: I bought the PRO version for 2 reasons:

1) you can set multiple galleries, so no more issues with the 70 pics freezing thing.
2) you can set lots of adjustments.

In the original files of the PRO version you can set LOTS of adjustments but I could not find any way to adjust these settings except the basic settings in the WB admin or in the files in the modules/simpleviewer.

So therefore it looks like the only advantage you have when buying the PRO version is that you get rid of the Simpleviewer logo and that's it.

*bummer*

Greetz
Boudi

...:: Bake the Unbakable ::...

Offline fsuk

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 11:29:18 AM »
Unfortunatly i have been very busy recently, have not got arround to upgrading the simpleviewer backend to encorperate these options, eventually i hope to change it so it is similar to the tiltviewer backend (see the tiltviewer module) which allows you to add more parameters.

A quick fix for the moment though is to manually edit the view.php file and add the params into the sv js found near the bottom of the page.

As for multiple galleries this can be achived by creating multiple pages of the simpleviewer gallery type.

Offline Boudi

• Forum Administrator
  • Forum Team
  • //o_-\\
    • Yze Webdesign
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 09:56:14 PM »
Hi,

Thnq for answering.

I checked the view.php but there is less to edit. In the xxx.js file I could not locate any position to implement the params so therefore I hope that someday, just like in the Tiltviewer backend, this will be possible too on the Simpleviewer backend.

Thnq again.

Greetz
Boudi
...:: Bake the Unbakable ::...

Offline erpe

• Playground
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 11:13:52 AM »
Hi

I added the german language file to the zip and renamed the existing language file to AT:

http://www.websitebakers.com/pages/modules/image-galleries/simpleviewer.php

rgds

erpe

Offline lousou76

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 03:01:40 PM »
Hi,

Good work!
I have the same problem with slideshow2 Gallery.

The problem is that php is used to create indexes and thumbnails, but in every php installation there is a timelimit so the script freezes after a while when the process takes longer than expected.

This can be overcomed though relatively easy.
You will create thumbs in 50s and redirect the script to itself when 50 created
with
Code: [Select]
<? header('Location: '.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']); ?>

you will not overwrite and the counter will increase only when a new thumbnail is created.
That way after 2 or 3 redirects the saving will complete by itself and the user will be redirected to the success page.

Of course in my gallery I just create the thumbs in display time and only if they don't exist so the gallery is slow only if it has not been ever seen once.

Regards,
Ls

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 03:04:36 PM by lousou76 »

Chaploo

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 10:36:30 AM »
Hi everybody,

first of all: thanks for this great gallery module!

I was wondering if it's possible to do some minor layout changes to the gallery, e. g. put the thumbnails to the right side and changing the thumbnail-hover-effects. Does anybody know what files would have to be edited? Is it the original fla-file (that is not included in the module, I know  :-( ) Or can this be done by the action scripts described on the simpleviewer homepage?

Regards
Jochen

### edit ###

I just read on the simpleviewer homepage that all the above mentioned changes should be possible to do with simpleviewer pro. Does anybody know if I buy the pro version take the fla-file: can just edit and use it in the WB simpleviewer gallery module?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:39:20 AM by Chaploo »

Offline fsuk

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 01:09:04 PM »
You can reposition the thumbnails in the options for each gallery, by changeing Nav Position (left,right,top,bottom):

Chaploo

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 01:42:34 PM »
Thanks a lot!
I just didn't see that ... :-)

Now it remains how to change hover border color & thickness and thumbnail size.  :-(

Regards
Jochen

Offline fsuk

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 01:47:37 PM »
Since you posted originally ive started working on it a bit more. Also have you looked at tiltviewer? http://www.websitebakers.com/pages/modules/image-galleries/tiltviewer.php

Chaploo

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 02:20:47 PM »
Yes, Tiltviewer is very nice. Unfortunately my client wants his gallery exactly as simpleviewer is - with the above mentioned changes.  :-)

Regards
Jochen